Pages

Monday, October 28, 2013

Baby Food

I can honestly say I LOVE making Sprout's food for her! I have so much fun making up new mixtures and combos! It actually relaxes me. Crazy as that may seam it is true. It makes me feel so great to know that I prepared the food for her. Don't get me wrong store bought baby food is perfectly fine option out there. I just chose not to use it.

When I was pregnant I was researching EVERYTHING baby related. I am sure it drove Cody CRAZY! When the ladies in my mom group brought up baby food I started looking into why I would want to make my own food. I never put much thought in making it... Why would I when it's all ready done and waiting for me????

Well what I found out made me change my whole outlook on how I wanted to raise Sprout. I learned that baby food has a shelf life of 3 years. 3 YEARS?!!!!? A thought hit me... Would I EVER give my child a 3 year old banana that I had on my counter at home??? NO! So then the question of why does baby food had a shelf life of 3 years in the first place? I mean that is really a long time. Well in my research I found that the answer to my question was that they heat baby food to such a high temp that no bacteria could possible live. But here is the kicker.... nether can the nutrients. The stuff that is so important to a growing baby has been diminished to almost nothing.

So my choice was made for me. I was going to make Sprout's food for her when the time came. Who would have known I LOVE it so much?! I know exactly what is going in Sprout's body and where that food came from.

No comments:

Post a Comment