Pages

Monday, March 7, 2016

2 Month Postpadum Update

Hello All!

I am going to do an update on me. These past 11 weeks have flown by so fast! How is it that she is this old already!? I will do a series of questions each month.

How is my C- Section incision doing?

My incision is fully healed and it looks amazing! The Dr's fixed my last incision which was a second belly button. So I basically got a mini tummy tuck. I did have a reaction to the bandage they put over my incision. I was the first person at our hospital to have the type of  incision closure. They actually use the Duraplast is normally used in back surgery. Since my incision got infected last time with cellulitis they wanted me to try this type of closure and it worked amazing.

Any Post Partum Depression or Anxiety?

I had PPD with Sprout but I had a really hard time admitting it. Really I didn't think I had it really but my husband and family said I did. I believe having a wound vacuum as well as having breastfeeding issues and Sprout's weight gain issues to deal with had a big part of me having PPD. All of that is a lot to deal with for a first time mom.

My husband urged me to get put on meds while still in the hospital so we could fight me getting bad again. My OB put me on Zolaft 10mgs and I will admit I did need it the first few weeks adjusting to two kids was hard. I am now off of my medication for a little over a month now and I feel great!

Mom Brain?

When I was pregnant my pregnancy brain was SO bad! I was forgetting things left and right. I had hoped that it would get better after I had Lyla... Well that did not happen. It is about the same if not a little bit worse.

To combat the fuzziness in my brain and so I can organize my life I have ordered myself a Planner that I can track everything in! I got a Plum Paper Planner in the ME Planner. I was able to personalize it as well! I added sections for budgeting, baby, blog, and My home sections. I am ready to get my life organized.

Weight loss.

At my 6 week follow up I was down 26 lbs. That put me below my pre pregnancy weight. I gained a grand total of 20 lbs this time around. So to be under what I was already is nice. My next goal is to get down below what I was with our angle baby and then finally to the weight I was before I had Ginny. That is going to be the long hard road. But I would really like to lose a good amount of weight before we have our 3rd child.

How is Breastfeeding going?

Breastfeeding is going SO AMAZINGLY well that it is hard to believe it sometimes! Lyla is a champion nurser and I have a GREAT supply this time. I actually had an oversupply which was causing some issues with Lyla. My long term goal is to nurse for 1 year but I have broken it up in to smaller sections.

1. Nurse for 2 Weeks...... Check
2. Nurse for 1 Month..... Check
3. Nurse for 2 Months.... Check
4. Nurse for 3 Months
5. Nurse for 6 Months
6. Nurse for 9 Months
7. Nurse for 1 year.

I can not wait to see how long we will be able to nurse. I'm also building a frozen stash to have enough for 24-72 hours for Got forbid something were to happen that would require me to be apart from Lyla for any length of time. I also want to have enough to be able to thin out her baby food that I will be making for her.

How am I dealing with two kids?

Some days I feel like I am rocking it! For example the days I get them both down for nap at the same time, or I actually get dinner done before 6:30, OR when they are in bed by 8!! But most days that doesn't happen thanks to Lyla's sever colic issues.

Going out in public is not that hard for me. The hardest part is getting out the door! I have to start getting ready to leave about 2-3 hours before I really need to leave (well only that long if I or one of the girls needs to shower. And who am I kidding I always need to shower before going out in public... I never get time to during the day and by night time I am just TOO tired). On gymnastics mornings I can get us all out of here in maybe an hour of prep. Mostly because I just leave Lyla in the pjs she wore for the night. If I am really on top of my game I will shower the night before and then I actually have time to get her dressed but I hate changing her when she is still sleepy.

So over all I think this transition from one munchcarron to two has been fairly good. I have rough days and really good days. Lyla is starting to get to the age where she will soon be able to entertain herself which is always a blessing. I am just so grateful to be their mom!


Ginny 8 weeks, Lyla 9 Weeks


10 Weeks Both

No comments:

Post a Comment